[Zope] Namespace error in MIME/Sendmail

Dunigan, Craig craig.dunigan@esker.com
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 19:15:38 -0500

I expected that, Michel.  ;)  Although I'd already tried it without success,
your reply at least nudged me to poke around a bit more, and I discovered
that it is the .read() that causes the difficulty.

This:
<dtml-boundary type=application/octet-stream disposition=attachment
encode=base64><dtml-var
expr="restrictedTraverse(SendDoc).read()"></dtml-mime>
</dtml-sendmail>

fails with an attribute error on the read().  I got the read() syntax from
the Zope book
http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/AdvDTML.dtml and an archived list
message http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2000-August/116944.html.   It
appears to be incorrect for this case, though I'll be damned if I know why.

For the record, REQUEST.resolve_url still failed with a namespace error when
I removed the read().  You've convinced me, I'll use restrictedTraverse from
now on!  :-)