[Zope] INSTANCE_HOME set up help

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 00:17:04 -0400

From: "Norman Khine" <khine@bmpublications.co.uk>
> Hello I am still ;^( trying to configure the instance home to work
> correctly. This is the steps I have done, please, correct me

If it isn't a typo in your post, the following certainly needs to be
corrected:

> INST_HOME=`cd $reldir; pwd`

...should be INSTANCE_HOME.

This may also need to be edited, to correct paths:

> /usr/local/www/vhosts/dsuk/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi

The error looks like a Python configuration problem.  Can you start Python
from the command line and import os?

> 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/home/dsuk/Zope/SoftwareHome/z2.py", line 296, in ?
>     import os, sys, getopt, string
> ImportError: No module named os

> Q. The custom_zodb.py should this be in the InstanceHome?
> Q. If so, what should be the contents of this file

Not unless you're going to use ZEO, in which case see the ZEO installation
instructions.

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool & 4-am