[Zope] PoPy.2.0.1 Needs Postgresql?

Siggy Brentrup bsb@winnegan.de
24 Jun 2001 15:49:06 +0200

Russell Hires <rhires@earthlink.net> writes:

> Thanks for this advice: I want to stay away from source...far away... :-)
> I'm running woody, which I should have said before... woody doesn't seem to
> have zope-popyda or zope-psycopgda, at least not yet. Oh well. Perhaps I
> should get them from sid?

Sorry, I don't have a woody system at hand to check. If all you want
is accessing a PostgreSQL database from Zope, install zope-pygresqlda,
works well enough for me on a potato system. The drawback is that the
underlying PyGreSQL doesn't conform to python's DB API specs.

Installing sid packages from source on woody (no warranties):

Add the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list (you may want to use
another debian mirror):

deb-src http://ftp.rfc822.org/debian sid main contrib non-free

# apt-get update

Install packages needed to build argument packages.
Since you're on a woody system, this may fail with unmet dependencies,
be careful not to break your system!

# apt-get install dpkg-dev
# apt-get build-deps zope-popyda python-popy

Now build the packages

# apt-get --build source zope-popyda python-popy

Good luck
  Siggy

PS: If you need more assistance, feel free to mail me.
--
Siggy Brentrup - bsb@winnegan.de - http://www.winnegan.de/
****** ceterum censeo javascriptum esse restrictam *******