[Zope] Using Norton Internet Security with Zope

Katherine Allard rlanham@speakeasy.net
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 11:27:44 -0400

Wait a minute, ... Both you guys are named Henny?
I mean,...that's great... and run zope on winMe...
Me too--not so great. I got 1/2 gig of user's pics
on my machine and I have to buy a 2nd machine to
be able to switch to better OS safely.

I have tried to use data.fs from my WinMe machine
on win2K at work. No luck. The WinMe data.fs comes
from a Zope version: Zope 2.2.2 (binary release,
python 1.5.2, win32-x86) and the win2k zope is
more recent. Zope wouldn't start when I copied it
to /var. Shouldn't this work going from 2.2.2 to
2.3 (backward compatability)? Or is the problem
the OS: FAT vs NTFS?

I figured if I could do that, I could load win2k
(for my asp work) and linux (I bought the redhat
boxset), recover my site, and have some control
over this situation--without having to spring for
a new computer. On the other hand, I got a fixed
ip from my dsl provider going to waste.
Richard