[Zope] Using Norton Internet Security with Zope

Henny van der Linde Henny van der Linde" <linde@inline-info.nl
Sun, 24 Jun 2001 23:37:21 +0200

> Wait a minute, ... Both you guys are named Henny?
> I mean,...that's great... and run zope on winMe...

Not to mention that we 're both from the Netherlands, have exactly the same
problems. Weird was the first thing that came to my mind ;)

> I have tried to use data.fs from my WinMe machine
> on win2K at work. No luck. The WinMe data.fs comes
> from a Zope version: Zope 2.2.2 (binary release,
> python 1.5.2, win32-x86) and the win2k zope is
> more recent. Zope wouldn't start when I copied it
> to /var. Shouldn't this work going from 2.2.2 to
> 2.3 (backward compatability)? Or is the problem
> the OS: FAT vs NTFS?

I copied data.fs from Win95 to Win98 to WinNt to WinMe without problems
(mainly Zope 2.1.6, but the data.fs should be backward compatible). We have
also a Win2000 machine running Zope but we never copied a data.fs to that
thing.
Did Zope start before you copied the data.fs?
Have you tried to export and import your sites/folders?
Have you tried to copy the whole website directory from one machine to the
other?
How large is your data.fs?

Henny