[Zope] Zcatalog bloat problem (berkeleydb is a solution?)

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:41:28 +0100

(I trimmed the CC list)

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001 14:34:55 +0200, "Giovanni Maruzzelli"
<maruzz@open4.it> wrote:

>***Maybe there's something obvious we missed***, but when you have some
>4thousands object in the catalog, if you add and catalog one more object
>the ZODB grows circa a couple of megabyte (while the object is some 1 k =
of
>text, and some twelve boolean and datetime and strings properties).
>pack the ZODB, Data.fs returns to an almost normal size (so the bloat =
are
>made by the transactions as tranalyzer.py confirms).

I have some patches to tranalyzer that dumps the class name of every
object written by each transaction. This helped me track down a
similar bug where I was modifying more objects that I thought.

Any interest?

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com