[Zope] getting index_html instead of manage_main in some browsers

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.fep.ru>
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 00:03:42 +0400 (MSD)

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Michel Pelletier wrote:
> It's a browser problem, but I'm not sure if we are relying on historical
> browser behavior or if these browsers actually break the spec.  I'd be
> interested in knowing what the spec actually says about this.
>
> The problem is, Zope challenges you when you log into /manage.  The
> browser pops up the auth box.  You log in, and your browser successfully
> retrieves the frameset.  Since the left frame *requires* authentication,
> it challenges the browser which send the credentials.  The right frame
> does not require authentication, and in fact, will *not* challenge the
> browser.  Zope assumes that the browser will automatically send the
> previously established credentials for the right frame, as all browsers do
> except the two you mention.

   I observed this behaviour with w3m text mode browser and some latest
builds of Mozilla.

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann     http://www.zope.org/Members/phd/     phd@phd.pp.ru