[Zope] 2.4 beta1 on win2k doesnt run??

David Hassalevris bluepaul@bluepaul.com
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 18:35:18 -0700

bernd,

I had a similar problem when I was messing with m2Crypto - which
provides a modified z2.py.

While looking at z2.py I noticed (around line 589 - yours will differ)
that there is a VERY
LONG "try/except block".  Should any problems occur, it jumps to the
"except" statement near the end
of the file - where it apparently tries to write the error to a log.  If
it cant write to the log it
merely terminates.

So, I repaced the "try" statement with something like "if 1:" and moved
the try further and further
down the code until I got a meaninful "python compiler error".

David