[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Re: Zcatalog bloat problem (berkeleydb is a solution?)

Erik Enge erik@thingamy.net
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 13:48:02 +0200 (CEST)

Giovanni, which Zope version are you running?

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Chris McDonough wrote:

> How many indexes do you have, what are the index types, and what do
> they index?  Likewise, what about metadata?  In your last message, you
> said there's about 20.  That's a heck of a lot of indexes.  Do you
> need them all?

In my installation I have about 30 or 40
Position(Text)Index/KeywordIndex/FieldIndex.  They don't bloat much, so I
don't think that's the problem.  (The problem might be that we have
different views on what bloating is, though :)