[Zope] multi-level acquisition (or the "images" folder problem) - still a problem ;)

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 20:26:03 +0200

> this doesn't work for me ...

It seems not to work from the root level, as root is not a real folder :-(

For me, TransparentFolders from Shane Hathaway are doing all I need. They
also solve the "images folder problem", with a slight difference that is not
really a problem in most cases: With transparent folders, the image folders
on the different levels don't have to have the same name. Acquisition works
just as if all the objects were situated in their non-transparent parent
folder.

I can just imagine one scenario were this would be bad: If you have to have
objects with the same name in different folders (e.g. language versions in a
"/de", "/en", and "/es" folder structure).

Joachim