[Zope] acquisition problem

kosh@aesaeion.com kosh@aesaeion.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 21:27:28 -0600 (MDT)

I am trying to make an object behave like a dtml-method but with one
exception. I want it to look in itself first to find the data then look
around it like a dtml-method does. So lets say my ojbect is called a and
it exists in the folder foo in /foo/bar/baz/a I want it to look in its own
vars first for the data it needs to render the dtml then look in baz bar
foo just like a dtml-method does. Mainly I need this for my dtml to html
generation function. Right now I am calling it with

HTML(string, globals())(self, self.REQUEST) That works for giving the
behavior that a dtml-document has but not for a dtml-method type behavior
at least not so far.

Thanks

Designing the webpages of tomorrow http://webme-eng.com
Designing the MMORPGS of tomorrow http://worldforge.org