[Zope] Re: Oracle Error Messages

Hannu Krosing hannu@tm.ee
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 20:40:14 +0200

> I created a website that connect to an Oracle 8.0 DB.
>
> My web application is working fine. I created a web application that access
> a external DB in only 2 weeks!
> And during this period I as learning Zope and DTML as well. Not to bad...
>
> Zope is wonderfull...
>
> When my application runs and access the Database if an error occurs the
> oracle error will be displayed on the page.
> I wold like to know how could I catch the error and handle the error message
> to give something more
> understandable for my end users?
> I try to use <dtml-try> and <dtml-exepcion> but I didn't manage to make it
> work.

Houw did you use <dtml-try>/<dtml-except> ?

What error do you get from Oracle ?

> Do you kown how this cold be done?

I'm not sure about DCOracle, but I have hade similar uncatchable
behaviour when
some underlying libraries don't catch the error but print it to stdout
instead.

I even had PoPy just drop dead and produced _no_ output whatsoever - my
bug-report on it lingers on sourceforge for months ;(

Hannu