[Zope] Re: Oracle Error Messages

Ricardo Seghizzi ricardo@cnbe.mar.org.uk
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:21:31 +0100

> > When my application runs and access the Database if an error occurs the
> > oracle error will be displayed on the page.
> > I wold like to know how could I catch the error and handle the error
message
> > to give something more
> > understandable for my end users?
> > I try to use <dtml-try> and <dtml-exepcion> but I didn't manage to make
it
> > work.
>
> Houw did you use <dtml-try>/<dtml-except> ?

first I tryied  to wrap arround  a SQL statment in ZSQL method:

                          <dtml-try>
                             select bla bla bla.....
                          <dtml-except>
                          </dtml-try>

then I tried to wrap arround the ZQL method
                           <dtml-try>
                                 <dtml-var myZsqlMethod>
                           dtml-except>
                              <P> not found</p>
                          </dtml-try>

> What error do you get from Oracle ?
       The problem is not the error itself because it is working. What I
want to do is to handle the errors.