[Zope] [Q] Using external CORBA objects

Enrico Sirola enrico.sirola@riskmap.net
29 Jun 2001 10:11:48 +0200

Hi Zopers,

I just completed the tutorial of Zope, and I enjoyed this product
a lot (In one day, without knowing anything about html, i produced a
site with few pages/forms etc... I'm so proud of me! ;-) ).

The web "application" I have to create should be a user interface for a
set of objects/object factories developed using CORBA...
The first thing i have done is making an external python method which
binds the needed CORBA object and invokes an object's method. This
works, but doesn't satisfies me, becouse (1) every time I invoke the
external method I have to find again the object reference through the
CORBA Naming Service, ask it about obj reference etc etc... and (2) i
need to write an external method for each CORBA object method...
In these experiments I used omniORBpy (btw it's really cool) on linux.

Did any1 have the same problem? How did you treat it?
Please let me know your opinions/advices,
Thanks in advance,
Enrico

--
Enrico Sirola <enri@users.sourceforge.net>
gpg public key available from wwwkeys.pgp.net