[Zope] LocalFS - how to display objects?

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:28:17 +0200

> How do I enhance this to "also" work with LocalFS objects that will be
> nested inside regular Zope folders? I see that in LocalFS objectValues
> become fileValues, and I can get them to be listed, but I can't seem to
> turn that into a list of hyperlinks. A code snippet from someone who is
> doing this would be great!

I guess looking into the LocalFS source code will do. LocalFS has clickable
links on the contents and the edit (index_html) screen. Just look at the
DTML for that.

> We will be uploading lots of files via ftp to the Zope server. We
> briefly looked at ExtFile, and like the idea, but didn't see how to
> create an ExtFile object via ftp upload. A remote server will create a
> file and automatically via cron ftp it to the Zope server to the local
> filesystem to be used via LocalFS. Is there a way to do this with
> ExtFile without human intervention? ;-)

The ftp/LocalFS way will certainly work (though it is not too secure; SCP
would be better). But I'd prefer a more elegant way, using XML-RPC to create
files directly in Zope. If your objects are VERY large however, ftp will
work better.

Joachim