[Zope] How to find objects in zope and send it thru mail, whe n you know path

Dunigan, Craig craig.dunigan@esker.com
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 11:25:03 -0500

Dhanu,

Try <dtml-var "restrictedTraverse(article)">

Also, could I raise a minor point?  From the footer on every maillist
message, "**   No cross posts or HTML encoding!  **".  Please don't send
HTML mail to the list.  There are even some folks who won't even read your
message if it's in HTML!

Craig Dunigan
Web Programmer
Esker Software - Extending the Reach of Information
mailto:craig.dunigan@esker.com
Ph. 608.273.6000
Fax 608.273.8227
http://www.esker.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Dhanu [mailto:dhanunjaya@mindscapecomputing.com]
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 2:13 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] How to find objects in zope and send it thru mail, when you
know path

Hai Friends,

I want to add a link like "Email this page to Friend" in all my news item
pages.

For this i will be having link like this

http://192.9.200.90:8080/cmfsite/sendToFriend?article=http://192.9.200.90:80
80/cmfsite/Members/dhanush/2001/june/21/news1

In the sendToFriend
i have  (just for checking)

<dtml-sendmail mailhost="mailhost">
to: dhanunjaya@mindscapecomputing.com
from: dhanu
subject: mail testing

<dtml-mime  type="text/html">
<dtml-var article >
</dtml-mime>
</dtml-sendmail>

Now when i send mail by clicking the link   (iam sending my self for
debugging)  iam gettting only link but not the page.

the problem is with

<dtml-mime  type="text/html">
<dtml-var article >
</dtml-mime>

I want to know to get hold of zope object and display its content with
<dtml-var article>,
when you know the path of the object.

i tried

<dtml-var "_.get(article)">