[Zope] Trouble accessing object properties

Burchill, Scott B. sburch@ordway.org
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 10:27:48 -0500

I am building a site which will display a list of job postings.  I have
created a product with a ZClass for these postings.  These objects have a
number of properties.  I have a folder into which I have placed a number of
these job posting objects.

I want to write code which changes flow and/or makes decisions based on the
values of the properties in each object.  I have written this code just to
test my ability to accomplish these tasks:

for object in context.objectValues('jobposting'):
    print "Job Posting is:", object.title_and_id()
    print "Properties are:"
    for prop in object.propertyMap():
        print "    id   :", prop['id'],
        print "    type :", prop['type'],
        print "    value:", str(object.getProperty(prop['id']))

return printed

Here's the result:

Job Posting is: Director of Educational Programming and Children's Festival
(ChildFestDirect)
Properties are:
    id   : title
    type : string
    value:

Job Posting is: Director of Marketing and Sales (MrktgDirector)
Properties are:
    id   : title
    type : string
    value:

Obviously, I am doing something wrong in attempting to access the properties
of these objects.  If anyone can see what I'm doing wrong I would really
appreciate some help.  Thanks much!

--
Scott B. Burchill
Ordway Center for the Performing Arts