[Zope] compiling Python modules for Zope

Vid B zoops4@yahoo.com
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 11:18:42 -0700 (PDT)

You have to copy Makefile.pre.in that is in Zope
python directory

cp /Zope/lib/python/Makefile.pre.in
/Zope/lib/python/Products/ZPatterns

make -f Makefille.pre.in boot

make

BUT!!

there is another problem if you are using Zope 2.3 and
up, access file s not where is use to be

this is the error I got after installing the LM on
Zope-2.3.2

Traceback (innermost last):
  File
"/usr/local/dc/Zope-2.3.0-src/lib/python/OFS/Application.py",
line 530, in import_products
    product=__import__(pname, global_dict,
global_dict, silly)
  File
"/usr/local/dc/Zope-2.3.0-src/lib/python/Products/LoginManager/__init__.py",
line 1, in ?
    import LoginManager, LoginMethods, UserSources
  File
"/usr/local/dc/Zope-2.3.0-src/lib/python/Products/LoginManager/LoginManager.py",
line 121, in ?
    raise 'InstallError', (
InstallError: No access file found at
/usr/local/dc/Zope-2.3.0-src - see INSTALL.txt

Vid