[Zope] extraction of complete filepath of a <input type=file> object

Loren Stafford lstafford@morphics.com
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:45:18 -0700

Here's the external method I wrote to do what you want:

import string, os

def getMimeType(self,file):
  __allow_access_to_unprotected_subobjects__=1
  contentHeader=file.headers.headers[1]
  mimeType=string.split(contentHeader, ': ')[1]
  return mimeType

def uploadFileName(self,client_name):
  """ Convert the file path supplied by the browser into a UNIX file name.
      We don't use any of the path except the basename, i.e. the file name
itself.
  """
  # if client_name has any \ in it, it's probably a Windows-style name
  our_name=string.replace(client_name, "\\", "/")
  base_name=os.path.basename(our_name)
  t=string.maketrans(' \'"','___')
  base_name=string.translate(base_name,t)
  return base_name