[Zope] Some doubt about how to best assign user rights.

Max Møller Rasmussen maxm@normik.dk
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 10:12:26 +0100

I have the following hierachy:

school
    class 1
        student 1
            student 1 content
            student 2 content
            etc.
        student 2
        student 3
        etc.
    class 2
    class 3
    etc.

And basically there is three different typs of users:

Administrators
Teachers
Students

My problem is that I want to give each student the right to edit the content
in their own folder. Their folder is a zClass that subclasses objectmanager,
and they can only add certain other classes. Now how do I best set out to do
that?

It should also be easy for the teacher to administer his students. The
options I can see:

- Make an acl_users folder in each student folder, and give the student the
admin role in that folder. That would work but seems a bit longwinded.

- Make a student an owner of a folder? (I am not really shure what
consequences that would have)

Regards Max M