[Zope] From POST to GET

Peter Bengtsson peter@grenna.net
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 21:19:49 -0000

Problem is this.
I POST a form to a page called process_html.

Inside process I do some validation on posted variables.
If i find that something is wrong I want to complain by sending the user to
bad_input_html?errmsg=Username%20Empty (which is a GET request in theory).
What happens is that the redirect is a mix of GET and POST. It is a pure
POST request, but the querystring is picked up as well.

Truth is that this works fine in Internet Explorer, but it fails on the UK
Vodafone WAP Gateway. It works on all other WAP Gateways except this one.
This tag would work in a normal situation:
<form action="process_html?loginname=Peter%20Bengtsson" method=POST>
But with my gateway only the POST variables are sent and the variable
"loginname" is ignored.

Anyhow.
How do I "leave" the POST requesting and break out of it to do a GET
request?? Is there a header I can set?
<pseudo code>
<dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('REQUEST_METHOD: GET')">
</pseudo code>

Any smart suggestions more than welcome!

Peter