[Zope] How to run Zope?

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 11:41:52 +0100

Hello!

we are trying to figure out the best way to run Zope behind apache.

Background:

We have a machine that will run Zope. Zserver is running all the time.
We want to use Apache to serve Zope and other static/php/perl things as
well. We also need to use SSL with Zope and apache seem a better choice
thatn using SSL-enabled Zserver (more proven, more stable).

So, question:

What is the recommende way to server Zope behind Apache, with URL-rewriting,
possible multiple site-hosting, etc.

Is it as a CGI? If so which one?
Is it using Apache acting as a proxy to Zope?
Is it using any of the available Apache-Zope modules?

or something else?

we are confused; we have read the howtos available, but we are not able to
understand the proper way. Obviously there are different requirements for
differents scenarios, but it is hard to understand which senario applies to
what situation.

Also, we do not fully understand the consequences of the varioius methods
available.

Any help is as usual appreciated.

/dario

PS: a howto may come out of this question.

Dario Lopez-Kästen     Systems Developer  Chalmers Univ. of Technology
dario@ita.chalmers.se  ICQ will yield no hits    IT Systems & Services