[Zope] ZCatalog and ExtFile

Andrew Williams ajwms91@hotmail.com
Wed, 07 Mar 2001 10:12:08 -0500

>From what I've read and understood, ZCatalog aware objects automatically
update the catalog whenever they are added/deleted/changed.

However, ExtFile does not update ZCatalog whenever I add another ExtFile
object to the ZODB.  I've checked the ExtFile code, and indeed, ExtFile
inherits from Products.ZCatalog.CatalogAwareness, CatalogAware.

I continued to look at the ExtFile code, and discovered that ExtFile
overides many of the methods in CatalogAware (manage_afterAdd,
manage_beforeDelete, etc), but doesn't contain any of the code in the
methods of CatalogAware.

I added the code from the CatalogAware methods, but my ZCatalog still does
not update whenever an ExtFile object is added/deleted, etc.

Am I missing something here, or am I completely off base with my thinking?

Has anyone gotten the ExtFile product to be ZCatalog aware?

Thanks for any help,

Andrew Williams