[Zope] SQLTEST is case insensitive?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 22:47:25 +0100 (CET)

FThe Doctor What writes:
 > The problem is two fold:
 > 1) ID = 1 should be "ID" = 1 so that PostgreSQL will treat it as a
 > case sensitive string.
This was discussed some time ago (--> list archives).
Changing "dtml-sqltest" to enclose the column name in double quotes
would break lots of code (as many people rely on the
case insensitive interpretation).

 > 2) ID = 1 should really be "URL"."ID", but I can't figure out how to
 > pass that through sqltest!
You know the "column" argument to "dtml-sqltest".
It can be used to provide an alternativ column name.
The quotes will make difficulties, however, as
they would be interpreted as DTML syntax.

You can use vanilla DTML to emulate "dtml-sqltest"
like for example:

     "URL"."ID" = '<dtml-var ID sql_quote>'

Dieter