[Zope] Wrapping pre-existing content

Phil Harris phil.harris@zope.co.uk
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 10:52:18 -0000

All,

I'm looking for ideas, so don't be afraid to shout any comments out.

I have a hierarchy of 'documents', lots of them circa. 300 and the number
will continue to grow (dramatically).

These 'documents' could be of any type, XML/HTML/Images etc.

What I want to do is to have some way of wrapping these documents to include
a header and footer, but I want to do this at render time not before.

I've got a naive Python Script (restricted) that looks like this:

#===================
import string

a=context.restrictedTraverse(string.join(traverse_subpath,'/'),0)
if a.meta_type == 'Folder':
  a=a.default_html

h=context.aspire_html_header_orig(None,context)
f=context.aspire_html_footer_orig(None,context)
c=a(None,context)

return h+c+f

However this has problems when rendering the header and footer (h & f), it's
somehow losing the namespace and things such as PARENTS are no longer
available.

Any ideas?

tia

Phil