[Zope] Reloading a page.

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 10:59:04 -0500

Could this same thing be used to stop a proxy server from caching a =
page?

We have a dtml method (that calls a ZSQL method) that is stuck in =
someone's
proxy server and hits the page once every minute all day long. The =
resulting
query that is showing up in our HitBox listing is for a DB category =
that is
not even in the DB anymore but it keeps executing the same URL.

Any ideas? Thanks

Allen

-----Original Message-----
From: Casey Duncan [mailto:cduncan@kaivo.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2001 10:11 AM
To: Daniel Corr=EAa de Azevedo
Cc: 'zope@zope.org'
Subject: Re: [Zope] Reloading a page.

Daniel Corr=EAa de Azevedo wrote:
>=20
>         Whatz up, guys?
>=20
>         Well, I=B4m having problems in reloading a page that shows
information
> contained in a table of a database.
>         The problem is that whenever I include some data in the =
database
at
> another page it send=B4s me back to that page that shows information, =
it
> doens=B4t show the update, but a cached page. I=B4m using the IE 5.0 =
and I
> haven=B4t figured out how to reload it every time without changing =
the
> configuration of the browser.
>         I=B4ve tryed the same code that I=B4m using in IE 5.0  in IE =
5.5  and
> this problem doens=B4t happen.
>         Hope that you all could give me some help.
>         Thank=B4s,
>                                                 Daniel C. Azevedo
>=20

Try putting this in the head of your standard_html_header:

<dtml-if no_cache>
   <META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"pragma" CONTENT=3D"no-cache">=20
</dtml-if no_cache>

Then set a boolean property on the DTML Document (or folder if it's a
method) called "no_cache". This should prevent the browser from caching
the page.
--=20