[Zope] New User: MS IIS and Exchange

Dimitris Andrakakis dandraka_info@yahoo.com
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 01:42:28 +0200

Hi Philip,

> Eventually I will want to start using Zope to serve the site/s but I imaging
> I will need to change the port number so it runs from
> http://www.ourhost.com/ rather than http://www.ourhost.com:8080/
> But I am worried that if I change this it will cause the exchange system to
> fail many of our users access their e-mail using the Exchange webmail system
> at http://www.ourpost.com/exchange

Zope does *not* have to run its own web server, ZServer. Zope is primarily an
application server. As far as I know, most people use Apache as a web server,
and configure it to pass the requests to Zope.

Now I don't know how to do *that* in IIS (though I've already done it with Apache).
So what I would do would be to keep running ZServer, create a virtual host for Zope,
and another one for Exchange. So zope would be served via www.ourhost.com and
exchange via exchange.ourhost.com -a change that won't be too hard on your users.

You can have virtual hosts in IIS, just like in Apache. You can find the how-to on zope.org/documentation.

Hope this helps,
Dimitris @ Nuclear