[Zope] Add python class to Zope.

karthick ramanarayanan karthick@pepco.no
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 08:56:58 +0100 (CET)

Hi Deiter,
 Checked your response for one of the 'Add Python Class' queries.
 If I have a scenario,where I return a list of objects of my Class,
and then try to loop through them from DTML,say like this,

<dtml-in objectList mapping>
<dtml-var objectMethod>
</dtml-in>
Can I call objectMethod on each of the objects.It popped up the Authentication Window when I tried to access the object method with mapping,but the other object attributes are accessible.
Should I have some is_method_supported or something of that sort for the objects of my class.
Can I display the objects if I have a __repr__ defined in my class for an object which returns the object representation within a dtml-in with a mapping attribute call.I cant do <dtml-var sequence-item> as sequence-item is not accessible within a mapping and I dont want to do <dtml-var __repr__>
How do I get rid of this mapping attribute to loop through an objectList
and still have the access to sequence-item and such stuffs of dtml-in.
Should I inherit from Acquisition,and then set the aq_parent and aq_base
appropriately.
Kindly help me.
Bye,
A.R.Karthick