[Zope] No cut, copy, paste, rename with my ZClass instances

Lars Heber Lars.Heber@t-systems.de
Fri, 09 Mar 2001 13:14:16 +0100

Hi there,

as I wrote in the heading, I cannot do the above actions with my
instances of ZClass.

At first, I've got a ZClass NewsContainer, which subclasses ZClasses:
ObjectManager. In that NewsContainer I have got a second ZClass NewsItem
which subclasses DTML document.

I tried to rebuild such a structure with the same inheritances as
dummyContainer and dummy, and cut... worked perfectly.

Can I set somewhere an option explicitly which I set by accident for my
NewsContainer?

Note: I create my News Items automatically by evaluating a form... Also
the id is taken automatically by a kind of time stamp which results in a
nine digit number.

Neither can I cut... my News Container nor any of the News Items - so I
suspect that somewhere in the News Container ZClass is the problem.
I get the following artless error message:
The object tickerNews does not support this operation.

The same for a NewsItem:
The object 984124146 does not support this operation.

Any ideas, suggestions, advices etc.?
Thanks.

BTW: Nobody answered to my posting yesterday:
( http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2001-March/084989.html )
It was the thing if really only managers can add, edit, delete (i. e.
manage) users.
This morning I read in a response of Dieter Maurer that he assumed it to
be a bug.
Is there any fix yet - or will there be one in the nearer future?

Thank you...
--
Lars Heber, mailto:Lars.Heber@t-systems.de          TTTTTT
                                                      TT