[Zope] Creating static pages with Zope

Casey Duncan cduncan@kaivo.com
Fri, 09 Mar 2001 08:41:22 -0700

> Jan Huss wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I read throw the documantation of Zope for some hours and I am very
> interested in using it but therefore I want to now if there is a
> chance to create static html-pages out of Zope and save them in a
> directory.
>
> Can anybody tell me if this is possible.
>
> Thanks for your trouble.
>
> Greetings Jan

Use a DTML Document. That can contain any text data, including static
HTML. You can also enhance it with DTML as you become more proficent.
Generally all Zope pages have some DTML in them. If for nothing else
than to insert the standard_html_header and standard_html_footer to save
having to repeat the top and bottom HTML coding throughout the site. You
will notice that the default code for a new DTML Document already has
this coded for you.
--