[Zope] zope for intranet?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 10 Mar 2001 20:58:54 +0100 (CET)

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Hjelm=E5s?= writes:
 > intranet:
 > - calender (outlook type thing)
 > - booking (meeting room, classroms, etc)
 > - news publishing
 > - sharing documents
 > - email program
 > - each employee should easily be able to manage his/her homepage and
 > course pages
 > - forms
 >
 > internet:
 > - website search
 > - forms (online application forms)
 > + some of the same features as the intranet
 > The rest of my group is focused on selecting a commercial solution,
 > which is very expensive, so Im trying to figure out if Zope, ezPublish or
 > some other open source system is worth looking in to. Unfortunately, I
 > dont have the time to download and try things out myself.
 >
 > Any thoughts, ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Thus, you simply believe us?

Hope, that your colleagues (looking at the commercial solutions)
are a bit more cautious before they spend big money....

I think, you can go for Zope (at least, if you have some
programming skills and have a bit of time).

I have just read the announcement of "Amphora Light".
Seems that it gives you most of what you want.

      http://www.amphora.ee/freeware/

You, probably, will need to do the "booking" stuff yourself,
but I saw recently some posts in this respect.
You can share forces with other persons on the list
to get it implemented.

Dieter