[Zope] Re: [midgard-dev] ZPT, a next-generation template technology

Emiliano emile@iris-advies.com
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 12:17:54 +0100

Ami Ganguli wrote:

> I first heard about this effort at OSDEM in February and it sounded promising
> then.  If the design and implementation are easy to integrate I'd love to
> include it in Midgard 2.0.  If it turns out to be a lot of effort, of course,
> we'll have to look at it closely and weigh the benefits, but the idea sounds
> solid.

There's a number of things in the TALES bit which explicitly refer to
Zope
entities. We'd need to rework this to more generalized entities.

Regarding the metal macros: inserting the entire macro but in fact only
allowing
the editing of slots could lead to confusion. In the example on
http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/METAL, I assume that if I
edit
the text 'Links' in doc2, save it, then reedit, that particular change
would
be gone. Which would be counter to what I expect.

Also, if macros call macros themselves, would this be unfolded
in its entirety every time I edit?

Emile