[Zope] Re: IEMethod problem

Johan Carlsson johanc@torped.se
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:36:16 +0100

   =20

> Tried to install IEMethod 0.0.6, but failed.
> NT, Z 2.3.1b1
>=20
>=20
> Import Traceback
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "C:\PROGRA~1\ZopeSite\lib\python\OFS\Application.py", line 537, =
in
> import_products
>     product=3D__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
>   File =
"/bigshare/zopeservers/easypublishing/Products/IEMethod/__init__.py",
> line 41, in ?
>   File =
"/bigshare/zopeservers/easypublishing/Products/IEMethod/IEMethod.py",
> line 49, in ?
> ImportError: No module named Torped.HTMLEntity
>=20
> This is line 49
> from Shared.Torped.HTMLEntity import htmlconverterbase

You need the Torped Shared Module from:

http://www.zope.org/Members/johanc/Torped%20Shared%20Module/

Which installed a shared module in the /lib/python/Shared/ directory.
=20
HTMLEntity  does HTML entity convertion so that 8-bit characters,for =
instance=20
swedish characters like =E5=E4=F6, gets mapped to HTML-entitys when the=20
method gets rendered.
Internet Explorer DHTML Editing Component doesn't handle this properly,
as well as the textarea fields of DTML method doesn't.
Which is accualy quite good because the ZCatalog doesn't handle HTML-
entities either. So keeping characters ISO8859-1 inside Zope and =
converting
to HTML at render time you get the best of the two worlds.
This would be cool to eventually include in the DTML core code, which
IE-Method inherites from.

=20
> And where does "/bigshare/zopeservers/easypublishing/" come from?

It comes from the .pyc, that come from my developement machine.
Remove the .pyc files to recreate them.

Regards,
Johan