[Zope] WebDAV + Dreamweaver

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:37:13 +0100

Hi Carl,

Carl Blesius wrote:

> I just got a response from dreamweaver support concerning the WebDAV
> problems with Zope!! they put the download to update dreamweaver WebDAV
> on this page
>
> http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/
>
> Next step is to get dreamweaver to open Zope files (files without
> extentions). I have already sent a request to dreamweaver (it
> would probably help if someone else did the same). Has anybody made
> progress with this in the meantime? I need a WYSIWYG editor and everyone
> at my university is already familiar with dreamweaver. Tips/Tricks?
>
> Greetings from Heidelberg Germany,

We are using DreamWeaver actually with our CMS in zope. The trick here
is a folder-like zclass which intercepts the ftp-list, get and put.
It displays a faked .html for its content and filters upon
upload/download.
On upload it removes all header/footer stuff keeping only the content
of <body> </body>
This way the index_html can render the content in whatever way it is
neccesary.

We will probably release this product to the community in 1 month.

Regards
Tino