[Zope] Natural XML Parsing

Albert Langer Albert.Langer@Directory-Designs.org
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 20:07:22 +1100

[Jeff]
While messing around with XML I became really frustrated at how unnatural it
seemed to extract data out of documents.  I ended up writing my own python
class to do exactly what felt natural.  The problem is the entire time I
kept telling myself "this code has to already exist somewhere"  I just could
never find it.

So if anyone is interested take a look at how this class works and tell me
if
1) this seems useful
2) this is already supported by someone else
[...]
a more complete write-up w/source is available at
http://www.people.hbs.edu/jgriffith/simplexmlobject.html

[Albert]
Looks good. Re 2) I suspect something very similar you should look at is
xml_objectify and xml_pickle explained in xml_matters_1.zip and 2.zip, all
at:

http://www.gnosis.cx/download/

via:

http://gnosis.cx/publish/tech_index.html