[Zope] Scripting Netscape Composer?

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 13:19:11 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

(Not strictly a Zope question but you're all such clever people
and I'd like to try and integrate things with a Zope back-end.)

Question: I'd like to be able to cause Netscape Composer to
open from Netscape (the browser) if a link (called, say,
"Edit This Page") was selected.

Any thoughts on how this might be done? Javascript?

And, yes, I know Amaya nicely toggles between browse/edit modes.

And I know about the neat http://standardbrains.editthispage.com/
trick for IE.

But I need to find a Netscape Composer solution as, at present,
it's already sitting on most people's desktops locally. (Yeah -
I know I ought to be able to expect users to go File -> Edit Page
from Netscape the browser but I'm trying to make the create/edit
page, publish page, create/edit page cycle as seamless as possible.)

TIA

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
     E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/