[Zope] bottleneck?

Tom Deprez tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:42:03 +0100

Hi,

I need to build a intranet site in which we'll store all references (like
author, date, title, ...) to written articles, thesisses, publications,
books, .... from our department. The problem is that all these different
mediums contain much the same information except for 3-4 fields.I could put
all this information inside an sql database.
However, it might be interesting to also actually store for instance the
whole article... Then I think I better store everything inside Zope. But,
I'm wondering if Zope can handle much data in a same folder. For instance, I
would like to store all publications inside a folder named publication. But
this would lead to a lot of publication objects in one folder... Can Zope
handle this?
Or are there better methods to achieve this (which I can wonder, since Zope
was first build for newspapers which want to show there contents on-line).
How do you do such a thing?

Thanks in advance,

Tom.