[Zope] IOERROR Uploading a file

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 22:01:39 +0100 (CET)

Richard Moon writes:
 > I'm getting an IOERROR Errno 5 Input/output error when uploading a file to
 > my zope site. The file is handled by an external method
 >
 > def abcfile_read(self,REQUEST):
 >
 >     # following line reads each line from uploaded code
 >
 >     file=REQUEST.form['abcfile']
 >

 > and the error is occurring at the file=REQUEST.form['abcfile'] line
Strange....

  "errno=5" has nothing to do with permissions.
  It is a true IO error. I would expect it for disk read/write
  failures or communication failures (for network file systems).

  What is even more strange, the line above does not
  access the file at all. It just assigns the FileUpload
  object to the local variable file.
  Are you sure, that the exception comes from this line?

Dieter