[Zope] Importing Problem - Z2 CONFLICT Competing writes at

Ze Octavio joc@hiper.com.br
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 18:15:52 -0300

Hi All,

    We are having a problem while importing a .zexp into a clean Data.fs
on Zope 2.3.0 with HotFix intalled runing on debian. We already read on
this list other messages with similar error messages. We've found a good
explanation for the message below from Chris McDonough:

"It happens when more than one thread tries to modify the same object in
storage at the same time.  It's Zope's equivalent of record-locking...
It's
normal.  There's no corruption or anything, it's telling you that it
avoided
a write that might have caused problems."

     The problem is how can we get this error if there is only one
person, one thread, making modifications to Zope?

     Despite the error below, the folder with its objects appears to be
imported normally.

     Could it be a corrupted data stored in zexp that I'm tring to
import in this new Data.fs?

     This is the error message that shows up on Zope stderr, when we try
to import the zexp:

------
2001-03-15T15:31:40 INFO(0) Z2 CONFLICT Competing writes at,
/manage_importObject
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /home/zope/230/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 175, in
publish
  File /home/zope/230/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 235, in commit
  File /home/zope/230/lib/python/ZODB/Transaction.py, line 252, in
commit
  File /home/zope/230/lib/python/ZODB/Connection.py, line 270, in commit
ConflictError: '\000\000\000\000\000\000\023\226'

Thanks in advance.

Ze Octavio
Hiperl=F3gica
http://hiper.com.br