[Zope] Change Password (third post) Help

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 22:28:55 +0100

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 01:50:43PM -0700, Casey Duncan wrote:
> Daniel Rusch wrote:
> >
> > Then are they navigating to
> > > something that can be viewed anonymously or to a secured page?
> >
> > to a secured page
> >

> So, as I'm sure you know, after changing passwords, the user looses
> Authentication (assuming you are using the built in Zope machinery,
> which from all appearances you are) because the browser continues to
> send the old password.
>
> This is then a rather odd point of failure. What should happen is the
> browser should make the user log in again. Is this happening or no?

The browser will ask for a password again on the next request, if Basic
Auth is used. Try this on your own ZOpe server; change the password of the
User object you use to log in and then click on any link you previously
had access to; a password box will pop up.

--
Martijn Pieters