[Zope] Basic Zope Concepts...

Evan Simpson evan@digicool.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 19:21:09 -0500

From: "Edmund Goppelt" <goppelt@goppelt.net>
> I'm not sure I fully understand what Python Script's container and
> context refer to.

Make two folders in your Zope root, called "F1" and "F2".  Put a Script in
"F1", call it "S".

Now, S will always have container==F1, but its context depends on the path
you take to get to it.  Thanks to acquisition, you can follow a path like
"/F1/F2/S", which will give you S with context==F2.

Both context and container can be used to get at REQUEST, since you can
acquire REQUEST from any Zope object.  The namespace "_", on the other hand,
is a special feature of DTML.  The only way you'll have to deal with the
namespace stack in a Script is if you deliberately pass it in as a
parameter, or you take a Script that has been set up with a namespace
binding, and call it like this: <dtml-var name="S">.

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool