[Zope] Re: ZMySQL Database connection trouble

Dave Woolston davew@digicool.com
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 05:31:45 -0500

> hi,
>
>I am trying to add a ZMySQL database connection.  Everything seems to go
>ok, but when I try to view the Products Management, it shows the ZMySQL as
>a broken product, when I view it, there is an error that says:
>
>ImportError: /usr/lib/python1.5/site-package/MySQLmodule.so:  undefined
>symbol: uncompress
>
>If I try to go the the /opt/zope/lib ,etc. directory and start the db.py
>connection directly, python db.py, i get the same error.
>
>If someone could provide some direction on how to recompile the .so file
>so that it can handle the uncompress problem, I would be most grateful.
>
>btw, i've read the various howtos on the zope.org site, and i didn't find
>this particular problem there.
>
>I am running MySQL 3.23, the most recent release of zope, on linux 2.2
>running slackware 7.0
>
>Many thanks.
>
>ciao!
>greg.
>
>Gregory Haley
>DBA/Web Programmer
>Venaca, LLC

Gregory,

I got this a while back - here are my notes:

NOTE:  The first time I got a problem relating to umcompress:
ImportError: ./_mysqlmodule.so: undefined symbol: uncompress

You may need to add -lz to you Setup.in file per this:
http://www.ravenbrook.com/project/p4dti/import/2000-08-09/python-mysqldb-0.2
.2/MySQLdb-0.2.2/doc/MySQLdb-FAQ-1.html

Then I moved MySQLdb.py* to /usr/lib/python1.5/site-packages
and I was able to run python and import _mysql

After that, I copied the _mysqlmodule.so module up to the ZMySQLDA directory
restarted Zope and was able to create a connection.

Good luck

Dave Woolston   davew@digicool.com
Digital Creations  www.digicool.com
(716) 262-4715