[Zope] Sendmail part 2: Now I get a space seperator error

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 08:15:32 -0500 (EST)

Hmm.. I'd be tempted to replace

<dtml-sendmail .. >
</dtml-sendmail>

with

<pre>
</pre>

to see what you're really rendering. From smptlib.py:

    def data(self,msg):
        """SMTP 'DATA' command -- sends message data to server.

        Automatically quotes lines beginning with a period per rfc821.
        Raises SMTPDataError if there is an unexpected reply to the
        DATA command; the return value from this method is the final
        response code received when the all data is sent.
        """

-steve

    Steve> Sorry to be a pain but...

    Steve> I changed my dtml by hard coding the "To:" list, now I get
    Steve> this error:

    Steve> SMTPDataError Error Value 501, space seperator provided
    Steve> without argument

    Steve> Here is a simplified version of the dtml I'm using:

    Steve> <dtml-sendmail mailhost="MailHost"> to:
    Steve> ssmith6@bigpond.net.au from: ozrail@bigpond.net.au subject:
    Steve> OzRailfan report

    Steve> <dtml-in dbGetRumourByID>

    Steve> Original report submitted by <dtml-var "pyStrip(fullname)">
    Steve> at <dtml-var
    submissiondatetime> :