[Zope] manage_clone - Pleeeease help !!!

Casey Duncan cduncan@kaivo.com
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:17:38 -0700

Marc Fischer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it's me again. :-(
> I have a great problem with manage_clone!
> If I use the following Syntax, with an explicit item to clone all works
> fine:
>
> <dtml-call "manage_clone(Folder.N_1, 'N_1', REQUEST)">
>
> but, if I use a variable with the value 'N_1' like that:
>
> <dtml-call "manage_clone(Folder._['variable'], 'N_1', REQUEST)">

This expression syntax is incorrect I think you might mean:

<dtml-call expr="manage_clone(Folder[variable], 'N_1', REQUEST)">

Note the lack of quotes arund variable. Folder[variable] means get me
the object with the id equal to the value of variable in the folder
Folder.

Acquisition might get in your way here, so to make sure it doesn't you
might want to use Folder.aq_explicit[variable] instead.

--