[Zope] Resolving nvarchar fields via ZmxODBCDA

Júlio Dinis Silva juliodinis@hotmail.com
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 23:01:20 -0000

>It fails under ZmxODBC
>the following example shows how to convert the nvarchar fields to char type
>fields within an SQL query so that ZmxODBC can deal with them:
>

>SELECT
>table_catalog = CONVERT(char(30),table_catalog),
>table_name = CONVERT(char(30),table_name),
>column_name = CONVERT(char(30),column_name),
>data_type = CONVERT(char(30),data_type)
>FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS
>where column_name like <dtml-sqlvar search_string type=string>
>order by ordinal_position
>The same technique should apply to other unsupported types.

This works ok.

But Meanwhile I've seen other problems:

-There are problems also with TimeStamp/smalldatetime, and even
a convert to char(x) still gives an InternalError.
-And if a column returns null,i.e, the field is empty, then there is also an
InternalError(I remember this null problem was mentioned in the past by the
author of zmxodbc).

Regards,
Júlio Dinis