[Zope] postgres database connection to different server

Siggy Brentrup bsb@winnegan.de
22 Mar 2001 11:21:23 +0100

"K H Subrahmanyan" <subrahmanyan.kalathur@wipro.com> writes:

> 1.  (*) text/plain          ( ) text/html

Please kindly configure your Mailer to send only text/plain,
cf. footer added by the mailing list.

> hi,
>   I am using zope and postgresql in  Linux version is RedHat6.2.

> I could do the connection to the postgresql database if zope and postgres
> are in the same server.
>  but how to do the connection to the database if the postgres is running in
> a different server.

Depends on which database adaptor you're using, with ZPoPyDA simply
add host=HOSTNAME to your connection string.

PostgreSQL must be configured to accept remote connections though,
see pg_hba.conf . Dunno where it's located on Redhat, on Debian it's
in /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf.

HTH
  Siggy

--