[Zope] Zope 2.3.0 python products and inheritance problem

Petr Knapek knapek@knapek.pvt.net
22 Mar 2001 14:33:37 +0100

> said:
Today, I have look at the problem again and have seen my bug.  So I want
to appologize everybody for disturbing.  But when I focused on my
problem it is like this:

2 python products A and B(A).  In B there is a method addB() which
creates instance of B(A).  And now my problem, I would like to call a
method MA (from A) in the template which is rendered when I try to add
instance of B(A) over web.  Something like this in the template:

<dtml-var "MA()">

but it raise a Zope error (it doesn't know the MA() )

Does anybody know the solution?

    PK> Hi Zopists, I have developed some python products for Zope
    PK> (2.1.6) and now I try to upgrade them for Zope 2.3.0 but some
    PK> problems with inheritance have appeared.

    PK> I have 2 python products, lets say A and B(A) which inherits
    PK> from A.  Product A has a method MA(REQUEST) and product B(A) has
    PK> a dtml template TB.  In the template TB I call MA as this:
    PK> <dtml-var "MA(REQUEST)">.

    PK> When I was running it under Zope2.1.6 everything was OK but now
    PK> under Zope 2.3.0 when TB is rendered the Zope error is raised:

Petr

--=20
Petr Kn=E1pek
NEXTRA Czech Republic, s.r.o., Hlinky 114, 603 00 Brno, Czech Republic
e-mail: mailto:petr.knapek@nextra.cz
tel:+420-5-43 554 150
FAX:+420-5-43 554 214