[Zope] postgres database connection to different server

Lee Marzke lmarzke@kns.com
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 08:38:33 -0500 (EST)

Yes, and you also need to set allowed hosts in pg_hba.conf
( in the postgres data directory )

On 22-Mar-01 BZ wrote:
> Postgresql must be started up to accept internet connections. I think
> the parameter is -i
>
> BZ
>
> At 11:21 AM +0100 3/22/01, Siggy Brentrup wrote:
>>"K H Subrahmanyan" <subrahmanyan.kalathur@wipro.com> writes:
>>
>>>  1.  (*) text/plain          ( ) text/html
>>
>>Please kindly configure your Mailer to send only text/plain,
>>cf. footer added by the mailing list.
>>
>>>  hi,
>>>    I am using zope and postgresql in  Linux version is RedHat6.2.
>>
>>>  I could do the connection to the postgresql database if zope and postgres
>>>  are in the same server.
>>>   but how to do the connection to the database if the postgres is running
>>>   in
>>>  a different server.
>>
>>Depends on which database adaptor you're using, with ZPoPyDA simply
>>add host=HOSTNAME to your connection string.
>>
>>PostgreSQL must be configured to accept remote connections though,
>>see pg_hba.conf . Dunno where it's located on Redhat, on Debian it's
>>in /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf.
>>
>>HTH
>>   Siggy
>>
>>--
>>Siggy Brentrup - bsb@winnegan.de - http://www.winnegan.de/
>>****** ceterum censeo javascriptum esse restrictam *******

Lee Marzke <lmarzke@kns.com>             22-Mar-01, 08:36:34
Kulicke & Soffa Industries
2101 Blair Mill Rd                       +1 215 784-6217
Willow Grove, PA 19090                   +1 215 784-6014 fax