[Zope] tino's <dtml-in> improvements Why, DC?

Hamish Lawson hamish_lawson@yahoo.co.uk
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 15:48:06 +0000 (GMT)

Chris Withers wrote:

> You'll probably get some waffle back about poluting the namespace.

Though I haven't yet been convinced myself by the namespace-pollution
argument, perhaps this is something that does need to be considered
further before the 'prefix' part of tino's proposal could be adopted.
However I soon no reason why Zope 2.3.1 couldn't right now incorporate
that part of the proposal that provides underscored alternatives for
the hypenated variables, so allowing

    <dtml-var expr="somefunc(sequence_item)">

instead of

    <dtml-var expr="somefunc(_['sequence-item'])">

Though I readily agree that Python Scripts are the proper place for
logic, the example above shows that there is often still a need for
some code in support of the presentation. Why not make it a bit easier?

Hamish Lawson