[Zope] tino's <dtml-in> improvements Why, DC?

Hamish Lawson hamish_lawson@yahoo.co.uk
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 18:34:21 +0000 (GMT)

Brian Lloyd wrote:

> I've added the DTML namespace changes to the [2.4] plan

And the crowd cried "Huzzah!" :-)

> For those wondering "why not 2.3.1?", 2.3.1 is a bug-fix release,
> and this will be a feature with a non-trivial documentation impact.

That seems fair enough.

> There [are] concerns about namespace pollution and
> stomping on variables that people may have currently defined

It's proper to address this. But some aspects of tino's or others'
proposals are probably less problematic than others, and the plan could
perhaps attempt to have different levels of ambition, so that we
increase the probability of getting *some* progress. Maybe tino might
want to consider splitting the patch into two patches that separately
address underscore aliasing and custom loop variables?

Hamish Lawson